SCORE E3 Women’s Virtual Conference
Educating and Empowering Entrepreneurs
Event Date: September 23 & 24, 2020
Submission Deadline: July 26th
Speakers Will Be Notified By Email On Who Is Selected.
Thank you for your interest in speaking at the SCORE E3 Women’s Virtual Conference! Welcome to the submission process.
Before you get started please review the details associated with being a conference speaker, including the benefits and responsibilities you agree to by submitting your speaker proposal. The submission form will collect contact and bio info for all presenters in the proposal, as well as details of your proposed session.
If you have any questions, please contact Katy Pattison ( email@example.com. )
If chosen as a speaker, your registration fee for the conference will be waived (value: $45)
This complimentary registration does NOT include:
- Hotel accommodations or other expenses (travel, transportation, parking, meals or materials)
- Conference registration fees or expenses for support personnel, personal camera crew, etc.
If chosen to be a Breakout or Workshop speaker, you will need to provide the hardware and be comfortable using software required to present virtually. SCORE will provide speakers with access to and brief training on the virtual conference platform. You will be required to:
- Develop an educational session that will fill the assigned time slot and include adequate time for sharing, questions and answers.
- Workshop: 50 minute presentation including interactivity and audience Q&A.
- Sessions must be content driven and educational. Sessions that appear to pitch a product or service will not be chosen.
- Sessions that provide two tangible tools as a take-away for participants are preferred- consider what action the participants will be able to take after participating in your session.
- Sessions that provide digital learning opportunities generally receive higher marks.
- Sessions that are innovative and applicable to a broad audience are preferred.
- Sessions will have attendees asking questions.
Speaker Proposals - Submission Requirements
Speaker Proposals will be reviewed by SCORE Volunteers Southwest Missouri, and Springfield Greene County Library District employees who will evaluate the proposals based on topic applicability, speaker experience/quality/authenticity, session interactivity, and session takeaways. Limited Speaking Opportunities are available.
The Speaker Proposal form asks for the following information, which must be provided to complete and submit the proposal.
- Primary speaker name and contact info, short bio, and headshot
- Other speaker(s) name(s) and contact info, shor bio(s) (headshot will be collected at a later time)
- Proposed session type
- 50 minute workshop
- Target Audience: helps select their session - good fit is best predictor of high evaluation scores.
- Company Size ($ or Employee Count)
- Time In Business
- Experience Level
- Other Target Group
- Two learning objectives: boil down what attendees will get from your session into two objectives
- Two audience take-aways, for example:
- A “how-to” guide
- A template
- A list of resources
- A free sample
- Actions to take
- Session Description
- This is where you explain what your session will be about, written to give us an idea of what you plan to do in the presentation if you are selected to speak.
- PLEASE indicate how you will make the session interactive
- This is NOT the final description for marketing, but is a good start.
- You will be limited to 1000 characters, so be detailed, but concise
- Your Facebook, Linkedin, and/or Twitter handles
- Provide the ones you have accounts for
- Will be used later on in marketing process to help promote the conference and the speakers
Submitting a Speaker Proposal indicates your authorization for SCORE to record your session and utilize the recording in any appropriate business context if you are chosen to speak.
Once you read the speaker information above Sign up to become a presenter